With a wide range of test equipment and both wet chemistry and dry separation expertise, we’re able to develop a complete picture of materials properties and work on processes from start to finish.
If you need additional tests we can’t do ourselves, we’ll arrange for these to be done elsewhere and include the results with our own so you have a single source of information.
Plastics material properties assessment
We provide a comprehensive lab testing and analysis service for polymer samples.
The range of polymer testing available includes:
- Polymer type identification using FTIR spectroscopy
- Particle size distribution (sieve analysis)
- Elemental composition/additive analysis using XRF
- Tensile strength
- Impact resistance
- Melt flow index
- Density analysis
- Sample compounding, to assess suitability for extrusion and injection moulding
- Loss on ignition (LOI)
- Level of inorganic filler
- Manual sorting, to categorise samples by material type where analytical techniques are unsuitable
We can also prepare REACH and ROHS compliant material safety data sheets on your behalf.
Waste-derived materials assessment
We can carry out chemical analysis, material identification and characterisation tests for waste-derived material mixtures, such as shredded plastics, mixed metals or RDF.
The range of waste-derived materials testing available includes:
- Material composition
- Particle size
- Bulk density
- Lights/heavies separation
- Moisture content
- Chlorine/elements analysis
- Combustion properties
- Solvent dissolution
- Ash analysis
With an in-depth knowledge of all types of separation and sorting technologies, we can also make recommendations regarding the suitability and feasibility of using particular waste derived mixtures as feedstocks for commercial processes.