Carpets and carpet tiles
To divert carpet waste from landfill, find the best value for recovery of raw materials, and work towards a world where 100% of all carpet waste is re-used or recycled.
Core funders are Cormar Carpets, Lifestyle Floors/Headlam, Brintons, Desso, ege, Milliken, and Balsan.
A producer responsibility programme encouraging growth and innovation in carpet recycling and connecting companies from across the supply chain. Members include manufacturers, raw material suppliers, retailers, equipment suppliers and recyclers.
Overall scheme management including:
- Co-ordinating the network of re-use and recycling outlet
- Looking after membership finance, leads and renewals
- Managing the database of contacts from across the supply chain and sending a regular e-newsletter
- Organising the Carpet Recycling UK conference and awards
- Producing and updating resources
- Running a carpet recycling helpline
- Undertaking research and development activities
- Attending trade events
Increased landfill diversion rate of carpets from 2% in 2007 to over 44% in 2018 – over one million tonnes reused, recycled or recovered for energy. A record 100 members in 2019, with recycling members continuing to innovate and invest in new processes to recover valuable fibres.