We take a hands-on approach to due diligence. On top of desk-based work, we also conduct tests, trials and market research to check assumptions, fill in information gaps, and identify risks.
Sectors, technology areas and materials types
We understand a wide range of material separation, processing and waste recovery technologies. This includes:
- Processing of mixed dry recycleables
- Clean up and refining of complex waste fuel mixtures
- Energy from waste
- Anaerobic digestion
- Liquid fuel products
What we can assess
We can assess business plans and provide expert independent testimony on:
- Technology options, processing issues and associated risk factors
- Operational assumptions on cost, equipment performance, downtime and quality
- Market factors for both inward supply and output product sales
- Financial analysis, including P & L, cash flow and balance sheet forecasts for the investment
- Sensitivity analysis – which elements of the plan have major impact on profitability and return?
- The management team – suitability plus skills gaps and how they could be filled
We also provide practical support with:
- Sampling and analysis work to confirm waste stream composition
- Plant trials to validate critical separation efficiencies in the process mass balance
- Advice on choice of equipment
- Recommendations for improvements to plant layout to reduce technical risk
- Bespoke market research to challenge or verify assumptions
It’s a comprehensive approach that involves engaging with the client, identifying areas of high risk, and highlighting where business plans need more rigour – all with a view to improving the success of the plant or project.